Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finally, it pays off

So last night I took the family out for Oreo milkshakes at Jack in the Box. The gal rings up my total, then looks at me sort of funny and asks, "How old are you?" I had to think for a split second. "Hmmm, I believe that would be 55."

"Then you get a senior discount." she replied, subtracting 50 cents off each milkshake.

I fairly flipped cartwheels right there in front of my family. YESSSSS! I love this age.

Meanwhile, Kevin stood shaking his head behind me. He thinks I am being ridiculous. He'll never have this thrill because he won't admit to anything beyond 29.

-------------
Note to Aaron and his Christmas wish list. Pssshaw! For you, I'm going off list

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hmm, maybe I'll pretend I'm 55 next time I go out for milkshakes. I'm all for saving money!

Aaron said...

Hey, now I said it was subject to change. I'll update it as I think of more things. It was important to get the things that I COULD think of down in writing.

Tiffany Hales said...

So do you share your discount? Or maybe I could get my own since THREE times in the last two months I have been mistaken for the grandmother of my children!!! Clearly I am not aging well.

kura2025 said...

I teach in Relief Society...when I'm on top of my game I usually read the lesson through a couple of times in the week prior to my teaching to wrap my mind around what I'll be teaching and give me time to think about how I'll approach the subject, personal stories I'd share, find scripture during my daily study that would correspond. Then I sit down on Saturday and map out what I need to focus on, reading assignments, etc. Since I have church at 1 I usually go back over it before church.