Sunday, February 6, 2011

I pull a "Morgan"

So I'm walking around the house in my sheepskin slippers, doing my ordinary business, and wondering why my feet hurt.

Lo and behold, when I sit in the Lazy-Boy and put my feet up, the shoes are on the wrong feet.

Now I'm paranoid. I have to check the slippers everytime I wear them. They just don't look that obviously R or L.

Morgan, your grandma takes after you. Who'd have thought? After all these years.......
.......what's going to regress next?

This is like great-grandma Louie Ison. She did her daily housework, went to RS meeting, came home, got ready for bed and realized she'd forgotten to put on her brassiere that morning. ha

My family ward wants me to speak about olden days women and RS. I think her story bears mentioning.

6 comments:

jwilson said...

Yes, and she stayed up all night reading Gone With the Wind once. We come by our love of reading genetically.

Smullin Family said...

And maybe our love of staying up late??? :) Where did that come from? I just know it's in my genes!

I pulled a "Grandma Louie" once when I was in high school and was working at Payless Drug. I felt "off" all day at work and then I realized why. Luckily, we wore smock uniforms that covered our top half. I have to admit, it WAS quite comfortable..and I wondered if I could get away with it every day...never tried it again though. :)

Smullin Family said...

Oh, and once when I was pregnant with Taylee, I went to an RS meeting wearing 2 different shoes. Didn't notice it until I was walking into the building teetering (slightly different heights of heels). The ladies I carpooled with offered to take me home. I declined and just hoped no one noticed...and if they did, I would chalk it up to "pregnant brain". I believe it's a true phenomenon.

angela said...

ha funny.

I did the two different shoes recently. I changed shoes at work, my standing shoes. Evidently, I only got one changed after work I didn't have time to return to barber shop so I walked to transit center that way.

Martha said...

Oh, I'm sure the reading and staying up late must be hereditary!
Jana, I hope you'll post what you share with your family ward. I'd love to read it.

Lora Dawn said...

you crack me up