Sunday, January 16, 2011

Resurrection

So--I have decided to kick the old blog back to life.

As my daughter-in-law mentioned on her blog, 2010 was the pits and consequently for me, the writing well was dry. But I will do a little catch-up now.

My work: I now do my same job for Trinity Health instead or Catholic Health. Over the course of 2010 sixty people dwindled down to 45 as my co-workers saw the handwriting on the wall. At that point, Trinity announced it would re-hire 25 of us to help staff a new billing office in Boise. I pro and conned myself for several weeks. Should I take the severance package and unemployment and do some goofing off before job-hunting in Nampa? Or should I go for security and commuting to Boise? In the end, I chickened out for security and commuting. The transition to new employer was formal on Jan1, but here's the good news. The new building isn't ready and won't be for several more months. YAHOO. (Corner of Emerald and Steelhead
Way for any of you Boise-ites interested) So I'm still here in Nampa, a .07 mile drive from home.

When the time comes, I still won't drive. Snow, ice, darkness, rain, traffic, old car, gas expense, freeway driving in general--none of this works for me. I'm taking the bus. Get this: only $36.00 a month, a bonafide steal if a person can tolerate the 1 hr commute from Karcher Mall to office. With the help of Ipod, scriptures, books, and journal, I plan to tolerate it for one year and then evaluate.

The rest of my life: It feels like an ongoing fog. Years ago we had a neighbor lady come over and describe how she spent the year after her son's fatal car wreck with her head stuck in a gin bottle. At the time she said it (years after the accident), she looked none too recovered still. I totally get what she was saying now. When you grieve you look for comfort and hunker down. Enough said.

Kevin: still a Bishop and I still love having him be one.
Arielle: happily back at BYUI, starting her Sophmore year.
Chanel: a walking party, the best person to hang with overnight or anytime, for that matter
The cat: 16 years old, arthritic, takes a daily dozen naps and I am so jealous
Grandma Ison: thankful to be living in her home and so gracious about any help given her. Her kitchen floor is ruined and buckled from recent water problems. I never know how to deal with house repairs. Dean---help!?!?!
Morgan & Lydia: I never get enough of seeing and enjoying them. Having them closer is the silver lining of 2010's black cloud.

6 comments:

A*Waite said...

Hooray for the update! I look forward to hearing about your adventures. Your new office isn't too far from my place. We might have to stop by for lunch sometime.

jwilson said...

It's good to read you again,Jana. Hope you are climbing out of that black hole.

Lora Dawn said...

Glad to have you back.
You are always refreshing to read....even with clouds.

nesquik405 said...

Welcome back. Happy commuting. You just might like that hour.

Tiffany Hales said...

Yay!! I am so glad you are back to blogging, and after seeing you giddy with delight at playing with Lydia on Friday night, I fully understand why you are glad they live close. Keep blogging.

angela said...

Jana, I'm so glad you are blogging again and peeked through the fog. Your commute will be 15 minutes longer than mine. You too can have a bus family. ha There are pluses for the commuting world. Right now my rides are mostly reading and sleeping. I save money by riding the bus since I can't linger and shop. ha PIck out a snow home in Boise just in case Boise gets a blizzard.